UPDATE: Brutal Knoxville Car-jacking Murders
tiny dancer
2007-01-12 18:00:17 UTC
I'm surprised that I've heard nothing about this on the national news. Not
even prior to finding the missing females body. No notice to be 'on alert'
for this poor missing girl after the burned body of her boyfriend was
discovered.

4 Arrested Double Murder Case, At Least 1 Faces Death Penalty

Knoxville (WVLT) - The story surrounding the double murder of a young
Knoxville couple continues to unfold.

There are now four people in custody, the US Marshals Office in Western
Kentucky is calling them suspects in connection with at least some aspects
of the double murder case.

Thursday afternoon, 25-year-old Lemaricus Davidson, was taken into custody
here in Knoxville., earlier in the day, his brother, 24-year-old Letalvis
Cobbins and George Thomas were apprehended in Lebanon, Kentucky.

And a fourth person was served with a federal warrant Friday in Knoxville,
his name, 34-year-old Eric Dwayne Boyd.

The four are being questioned about what happened to 21-year-old Channon
Christian and 23-year-old Christopher Newsom.

Their bodies were found earlier this week in East Knoxville, following what
authorities are calling a carjacking.

Lemaricus Davidson appeared in federal court in Knoxville Friday morning.

Lemaricus Davidson walked slowly to his seat, ankles shackled, hands behind
his back, head hung low. Channon Christian's family and friends filled two
rows of the courtroom, her father sat with a stern face staring at Davidson
the entire time.

Twenty-five-year-old Davidson had his initial appearance in federal court in
front of US Magistrate C. Clifford Shirley Friday at 10:30. The judge read
his rights and unsealed the criminal complaint against him. He's facing 3
federal charges.

The first, previously convicted felon in possession of a firearm, second car
jacking, third possession of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence.
The maximum penalty for both charges is death.

Davidson remains in custody of US Marshals until his preliminary hearing
that's set for Thursday January 18th at 9:30 in federal court.

The second suspect, Letalvis Cobbins is being held in Louisville pending an
initial court appearance there which could come Friday.

We did some checking on Cobbins' background, his most recent charge was
felony criminal mischief in Marion County, Kentucky in April of last year.

But the charge was commuted to a misdemeanor in August.

Cobbins also has a criminal record in New York City.

The new charge he's expected to appear on Friday is possession of a firearm
by a convicted felon.

Still very few details are being released about two other men being held in
connection with the double murder.

George Thomas, arrested Thursday in Marion County Kentucky and 34-year-old
Eric Dwayne Boyd.

We haven't found a criminal record for Thomas, but Boyd was convicted of
several counts of aggravated robbery, and one county of aggravated assault
in April of 2003. Court records also show that he was jailed from 1994
through August of 2002.

We're also uncovering new details in the double murder.

Authorities say they believe the crime started out as a carjacking in East
Knoxville on Saturday.

Chris Newsom's body was found Sunday, police say he had been shot and
burned.

Channon Christian was found in a home on Chipman Street.

Local police aren't releasing much more than that about what happened, but
the US Marshal's office in Western Kentucky tells WVLT this was an
extremely, brutal murder.

"Before they killed her they reportedly raped her numerous times and then
killed her and dumped her in a garbage can from what I understand," says US
Marshal Rich Knighten.

The funeral for Chris Newsom is Friday night at Beaver Dam Baptist Church in
Halls.

Receiving of friends is from five until eight with the funeral following.

Burial is Saturday at 11 at Woodhaven Memorial Gardens.

Funeral arrangements are also complete for Channon Christian.

Visitation is Saturday from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Weavers Funeral Home on
Western Avenue in Knoxville.

The funeral is on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. at Westpark Baptist Church on
Middlebrook Pike.

Burial follows at Highland West Cemetery.

The family of Channon Christian would like to thank everyone for all their
prayers and everything that has been done during this time.

In a release sent out Friday morning the family said, "We have lost someone
who was very beautiful and loving. We are grateful for the outpouring of
help that this community has given us and would not be able to get through
this without you. We also want to thank all of the law enforcement agencies
for all of their hard work."

Special Coverage: Double Murder in Knoxville

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/5173877.html
John
7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION 7 SEALS 7 TRUMPETS 7 BOWLS

tiny dancer
2007-01-12 22:30:07 UTC
Post by 7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION 7 SEALS 7 TRUMPETS 7 BOWLS
Reminds me of the Karrs.
In Wichita? That was exactly what it reminded me of too. Except in this
situation, unfortunately neither victim survived.
7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION 7 SEALS 7 TRUMPETS 7 BOWLS
2007-01-12 22:28:44 UTC
TNA

Reminds me of the Carr Brothers:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/news/special_packages/carr_trial/4471...
John
2007-01-12 19:06:36 UTC
How would you like to be the parents of this poor girl and have to live the
rest of your lives knowing the unspeakable horror these negros put her
through before killing her. Yes whites commit crimes to, but per capita is
the key phrase, and you can't blame it on poverty. Rich negros get
themselves in trouble with the law as much as poor ones do. The truth is
staring you in the face and you can't see it. You're too "politically
correct" or your wanting you brownie points in heaven.
2007-01-12 22:24:48 UTC
If it was poverty, you'd see this crap during the depression.

As Oprah tells us, if you ask ghetto kids what they want, it's IPODs or
sneakers.

Education is for white folks according to ghetto kids.
c***@earthlink.net
2007-01-12 21:14:49 UTC
sometimes I think the authorities keep things quiet and/or ask the media to
hold off, as they zero in on the alleged perps, so as not to scare them away
and have to find them all over again...perhaps that happened here?
tiny dancer
2007-01-12 21:36:55 UTC
Post by c***@earthlink.net
sometimes I think the authorities keep things quiet and/or ask the media to
hold off, as they zero in on the alleged perps, so as not to scare them away
and have to find them all over again...perhaps that happened here?
Yeah, I can see that, but they found the boyfriends body sunday morning.
And she was *missing*. Yet I didn't hear a thing about it on our local N.C.
stations even. Like, 'this girl is *missing*, BOLO for, ya know? It's only
a hop, skip and jump from Knoxville, throught the mountains, to Asheville.
Probably an hour or so drive. *Usually* we hear about stuff like that. An
APB on the missing girl and her car, etc. I still haven't seen anything
about it on our local stations. They are reporting that this poor girl was
alive and being brutally raped for at least two days. That's the part that
is so horrifying.

td
Pneuma Pelosi
2007-01-12 22:37:26 UTC
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:36:55 -0500, "tiny dancer"
Post by tiny dancer
Yeah, I can see that, but they found the boyfriends body sunday morning.
And she was *missing*. Yet I didn't hear a thing about it on our local N.C.
stations even. Like, 'this girl is *missing*, BOLO for, ya know? It's only
a hop, skip and jump from Knoxville, throught the mountains, to Asheville.
Probably an hour or so drive. *Usually* we hear about stuff like that. An
APB on the missing girl and her car, etc. I still haven't seen anything
about it on our local stations. They are reporting that this poor girl was
alive and being brutally raped for at least two days. That's the part that
is so horrifying.
To be fair this story was covered by the local press. The reason it
didn't go national is because the MSM is all engrossed in the Duke
case.
Pneuma Pelosi
The MSM is focusing on four people in NC about a rape case.
tiny dancer
2007-01-12 22:58:53 UTC
Federal complaint against Lemaricus Davidson sheds light on murder
investigation
Katie Allison Granju, Producer
Last Updated: 1/12/2007 3:17:12 PM

Lemaricus Davidson was arraigned in federal court in Knoxville Friday
morning on charges he carjacked a murdered Knoxville couple.

The bodies of Chris Newsom, age 23 and his girlfriend, 21 year-old Channon
Christian were found earlier this week.

Three more men have also been charged in connection with the crime.

The federal complaint made available Friday morning reveals details of the
investigation linking Davidson to the murders.

Federal investigators note in the complaint that Davidson's fingerprint was
found inside Channon Christian's 2005 Toyota 4-Runner, which was found in
the same area as Newsom's body.

The fingerprint of Davidson, a convicted felon, led authorities to his last
known address, at 2316 Chipman Avenue in Knoxville. Channon Christian's body
was found inside the house. Officers also recovered an M-1 Carbine rifle
from the Chipman address.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=41179