woman-in-the-well murder case
d***@gmail.com
2012-09-01 14:28:46 UTC
Has anyone ever heard of an old Pennsylvania murder case dubbed the
"woman in the well" murder case? It purportedly happened in the 50s or
60s, and apparently one of the detective magazines wrote about it.
All I know is that in rural northeastern Pa., in Susquehanna County, a
woman was found murdered and dumped in her own well. Police eventually
tracked down a man in North Carolina who ended up confessing (this was
pre-Miranda days).
I'm a writer trying to do some research on this, and the local
newspapers have thus far been no help. Likewise the state police, who
handled the case.
Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Post or e-mail, either one
is fine. Thanks.
Amy
My husband recently picked up a copy of this article. Jennie Watterson happened to by my grandmother. I was wondering if anyone had a second copy of this article or had any idea where I might be able to obtain one. My grandmother passed away several years ago.

Thank you

Kelly Stauffer
***@verizon.net
c***@gmail.com
2018-01-30 02:30:50 UTC
1937. Coatesville pa. 16 year old was hit by a milk truck walking home from school. Found her body at the bottom of a 50 foot well. The killer had returned the day after and dynomited the well covering her body. Killer was just released from juvenile detention the year before. He was sentenced there for shooting two young girls for not getting in his vehicle. They both survived. He admitted he hit the girl in the well in order to rape her mangled body. He was hung shortly after. Her name was Helen Moyer.
Gregory Carr
2022-02-24 17:59:50 UTC
YAY death penalty!
KuRa_Iam Setep En Ra
2023-10-29 18:24:32 UTC
iv'e been to the site... im writing about it currently ...amazing to see others interested
YAY death penalty!
Suzanne Meszaros