OC gang rape case: The Mean Girls testify
Messalina
2004-06-02 14:47:35 UTC
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php

Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.

Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?

Mez
Robert Lee
2004-06-02 15:53:00 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Every time I think this case can't make me any more sick, it does.
--
--Robert

"I did once get him to admit the beauty of Bembo," he adds, "a serif."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spimby/
Glenn and Betsy
2004-06-02 16:18:28 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
I don't think these girls' testimony will help the defense at all. If
anything, people will think less of them when they find out the kind of
girls these boys hang out with. If I were on the jury, these girls would
make me feel more sympathetic towards the victim.

Betsy
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 16:59:28 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)?
Getting laid makes people drive all over the place.

Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?

Well, his position is a political appointment and as I recall he made
his millions seeling used government cars or something like that.
Post by Messalina
Mez
--
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

"I don't know where he (bin Laden) is. I have no idea and I really
don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
Messalina
2004-06-02 21:49:59 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)?
Getting laid makes people drive all over the place.
Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Well, his position is a political appointment and as I recall he made
his millions seeling used government cars or something like that.
See, this really bothers me. If there's money to be made doing this,
the county should be getting it. I have nothing against public
servants earning a nice living, even earning a VERY nice living, but
getting rich off the public teat sounds wrong.

Mez
Michael Snyder
2004-06-03 02:02:57 UTC
Post by Messalina
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
[...]
If he was doing it while a public servant, yes, and I suspect
illegal too. My reading was that he got rich doing that before
being appointed sheriff.
Mark Wendt
2004-06-03 02:28:09 UTC
Post by Michael Snyder
Post by Messalina
See, this really bothers me. If there's money to be made doing this,
the county should be getting it. I have nothing against public
servants earning a nice living, even earning a VERY nice living, but
getting rich off the public teat sounds wrong.
If he was doing it while a public servant, yes, and I suspect
illegal too. My reading was that he got rich doing that before
being appointed sheriff.
That is correct sir. Money was made first. That's how you get that
type of political appointment. Spread around the dough.
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 17:07:31 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
I was going to say this just gets more unbelievable, and no disrespect
Mez, but I can barely stand OC people and this is pretty much par for
the course.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
tinydancer
2004-06-02 17:16:49 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
I was going to say this just gets more unbelievable, and no disrespect
Mez, but I can barely stand OC people and this is pretty much par for
the course.
Not being from California, I'm a bit confused by this subject? Can someone
fill me in on the distinctions please?

td
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 18:25:59 UTC
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:16:49 -0400, "tinydancer"
Post by tinydancer
Post by tinydancer
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Mez, but I can barely stand OC people and this is pretty much par for
the course.
Not being from California, I'm a bit confused by this subject? Can someone
fill me in on the distinctions please?
td
Well, here in L.A. land of Hollywood and fake boobs there is an
arrogance. I won't try to deny that, but in Orange County, and
especially close to the beach there is this kind of faux arrogance and
kind of bonehead attitude.

I have one friend who refers to people from OC as OCBHs Orange county
Butt Heads. Many, NOT ALL, People from OC seem to suffer from this
ailment.

I'm not saying L.A. doesn't have it's fair share of crap, but there is
just something about people from OC. I've lived there, and I moved
very quickly.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
tinydancer
2004-06-02 18:52:43 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:16:49 -0400, "tinydancer"
snipped> >
Post by tinydancer
fill me in on the distinctions please?
td
Well, here in L.A. land of Hollywood and fake boobs there is an
arrogance. I won't try to deny that, but in Orange County, and
especially close to the beach there is this kind of faux arrogance and
kind of bonehead attitude.
By arrogance, would I interpret that to mean major snobs. People who think
they are so much better than others, looking down their noses on everyone
else, that sort of behavior?

td
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 21:05:06 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by tinydancer
Not being from California, I'm a bit confused by this subject?
Can
Post by tinydancer
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
someone
Post by tinydancer
fill me in on the distinctions please?
td
Well, here in L.A. land of Hollywood and fake boobs there is an
arrogance. I won't try to deny that, but in Orange County, and
especially close to the beach there is this kind of faux arrogance and
kind of bonehead attitude.
By arrogance, would I interpret that to mean major snobs. People who think
they are so much better than others, looking down their noses on everyone
else, that sort of behavior?
td
It just hit me Tiny. Keep in mind that I don't mean this about all
people from OC, but they seem to have more then their fair share.

It's like when trailer trash win the lottery. That's what (most)OC
people remind me of.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
tinydancer
2004-06-02 21:23:45 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by tinydancer
Not being from California, I'm a bit confused by this subject?
Can
Post by tinydancer
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
someone
Post by tinydancer
else, that sort of behavior?
td
It just hit me Tiny. Keep in mind that I don't mean this about all
people from OC, but they seem to have more then their fair share.
It's like when trailer trash win the lottery. That's what (most)OC
people remind me of.
Ah, great discription scorp! I got'cha now. Know exactly what you mean.
Thanks. :)

td
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
Victorhntr
2004-06-03 12:17:07 UTC

Boy-you got that right!
Messalina
2004-06-02 21:47:37 UTC
Post by tinydancer
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
[...]
In SoCal, generally, the closer you are to the ocean the "cooler"
(read "richer") you are. Newport Beach = cool, Inland Empire = not
so much.

Additionally, the farther away you get from urban centres the more
likely you're going to find superficial, prosaic, materialistic types.

So we have Orange County; far from cultural centres, but adjacent to
the ocean. Rich, but shallow. A perfect breeding ground for
assholes.

Mez
tinydancer
2004-06-02 22:28:35 UTC
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
[...]
So where is this Rancho Cucamonga (sp?) place that's come up here?

td
Messalina
2004-06-03 01:52:22 UTC
Post by tinydancer
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
fill me in on the distinctions please?
td
In SoCal, generally, the closer you are to the ocean the "cooler"
(read "richer") you are. Newport Beach = cool, Inland Empire = not
so much.
Additionally, the farther away you get from urban centres the more
likely you're going to find superficial, prosaic, materialistic types.
So we have Orange County; far from cultural centres, but adjacent to
the ocean. Rich, but shallow. A perfect breeding ground for
assholes.
Mez
So where is this Rancho Cucamonga (sp?) place that's come up here?
td
Way inland, in what is called the Inland Empire. Practically the high
desert. Land of huge generic tract houses and near constant air
conditioning.

Mez
tinydancer
2004-06-03 01:55:28 UTC
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
Post by Messalina
Post by tinydancer
[...]
Ah, I'm beginning to gain an understanding now. Thanks Mez,

td
Messalina
2004-06-02 21:38:25 UTC
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
I was going to say this just gets more unbelievable, and no disrespect
Mez, but I can barely stand OC people and this is pretty much par for
the course.
None taken, believe me. I got out of there as fast as I could as soon
as I could drive. When circumstances compelled me to return (I worked
in north SD county and my husband had south OC as his territory) I
moved to San Clemente, which is the southernmost town in OC and
actually much more like San Diego in flavor. Very easygoing beach
town, mostly surfers and military folk.

I didn't realize people could be capable of friendliness or depth
until I got the hell out of there.

Mez
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 22:09:07 UTC
Post by Messalina
Post by Messalina
in north SD county and my husband had south OC as his territory) I
moved to San Clemente, which is the southernmost town in OC and
actually much more like San Diego in flavor. Very easygoing beach
town, mostly surfers and military folk.
I didn't realize people could be capable of friendliness or depth
until I got the hell out of there.
Mez
I would have to agree on San Clemente. It's a neat little town. I
also like San Juan Capistrano. Laguna used to be a wonderful place to
live, but it's so damned yuppie now.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-02 21:14:11 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
Mez, maybe this will help explain the Inland vs south thing:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/orange/la-me-haidl29may29,0,7309133.story?coll=la-editions-orange
ORANGE COUNTY
Rape Case Investigators Miss Court Appearance
San Bernardino County judge rescinds warrants issued for defense team
members in Haidl suit.
By Claire Luna
Times Staff Writer

May 29, 2004

Two defense team investigators involved in a high-profile Orange
County rape case surrendered Friday after a judge issued arrest
warrants because they failed to come to court.

Former FBI supervisor John Warren, who now runs an investigative firm
in Tustin, and contract employee Shawn Smigel were scheduled to
provide depositions in a San Bernardino County civil case connected to
the rape trial.

The mother of one of the defendants, Gregory Haidl, 18, has sued San
Bernardino County, alleging that law enforcement officers conspired to
prevent her from assisting in her son's defense.

Warren said the subpoena was sent to the Irvine office of Haidl's
lawyer and was lost or misplaced, so he and Smigel weren't aware of
the court date.

Warren said he heard about the arrest warrants on the radio Thursday
and arranged for himself and Smigel to turn themselves in at the San
Bernardino County courthouse Friday morning.

"We had no idea this was going on," Warren said. "We weren't
disrespecting the court in any way. We just weren't notified."

Warren was in court in Santa Ana on Thursday morning to accompany
several of the alleged victim's former friends, who were testifying
for the defense. He left the courthouse about 1:30 p.m., and San
Bernardino Superior Court Judge Ben T. Kayashima issued the bench
warrants shortly thereafter.

It was the second contempt hearing Warren and Smigel have missed after
failing to attend their original deposition two months ago, said
attorney Tristan Pelayes, who is representing San Bernardino County.

Pelayes said Friday that he was satisfied with the investigators'
promises to attend the rescheduled deposition in July. The arrest
warrants were recalled.

"All we want is to take their deposition," he said. "We don't want to
see them in jail and handcuffs."

Haidl, along with Keith James Spann and Kyle Joseph Nachreiner, both
19, are charged with raping a then-16-year-old girl who prosecutors
say was drugged and unconscious. The July 6, 2002 incident at Haidl's
father's Corona del Mar home was videotaped, and charges were filed
after the footage was given to police.

The San Bernardino County lawsuit stems from a dispute that began
shortly after the defendants' arrests. Fliers identifying the alleged
victim by last name and asking for information about her family were
distributed in the Rancho Cucamonga neighborhood where both she and
Haidl's mother, Gail, live.

After San Bernardino County sheriff's officials were given a flier
that had been placed in the girl's mailbox, they began investigating
Gail Haidl for possible witness tampering, and told her not to use
that method to gather information. She denied responsibility for the
flier, although she has admitted that it included her home phone
number. She sued the sheriff late last year.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
Michael Snyder
2004-06-03 01:58:58 UTC
Smeagol!
S***@attNOSPAM.net
2004-06-03 16:51:08 UTC
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 01:58:58 +0000, Michael Snyder
Post by Michael Snyder
Post by S***@attNOSPAM.net
Former FBI supervisor John Warren, who now runs an investigative firm
in Tustin, and contract employee Shawn Smigel
Smeagol!
I was thiniking the same thing.

~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13
Helena Moone
2024-02-02 01:45:11 UTC
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

✅WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💚CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>

Anne Warfield
2004-06-03 01:40:09 UTC
Post by Messalina
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/38/web-moxley2.php
Victim's ex-friends Jenna Stroh, Melissa Matsumoto and Vanessa Obmann
contradict earlier statements in testimony and generally behave
dispicably in an attempt to convince people that the victim is a liar
and a slut but they are not.
Several questions come to mind from this story; what are a bunch of
kids from Rancho Cucamonga doing hanging out with kids in south OC
(I'm from Orange County; you wouldn't have caught me dead going
Inland)? Why is an assistant sherriff in OC a multi-millionaire?
Mez
This is the part I don't understand:

<<
The Los Angeles Times and Orange County Register have chastised
District Attorney Tony Rackauckas for pursuing the case, even though
defense sources privately acknowledge that the video is damaging
evidence; that’s why they spent nearly two years trying to keep it out
of court.
What? A case like this, he's supposed to ignore it?
--
Anne Warfield
indigoace at goodsol period com
http://www.goodsol.com/cats/
Mark Wendt
2004-06-03 02:30:46 UTC
Post by Anne Warfield
Post by Messalina
[...]
Welcome to Orange County California. The Right Wing on the Left Coast.