Old Crime-Paula Sue Steinbeck
Jon
2003-10-16 23:35:28 UTC
In Colorado, sometime in the mid 1960's, a little girl named Paula Sue
Steinbeck was murdered by a 14 year old teenager named Brette Lang. Despite
several sightings all over the Western US she was found dead across the
Street in a shed. Those are the only details I recall and there is nothing
on the net probably because it is such an old crime and/or I have the names
musspelled. I would appreciate any info on any one who might remember this
crime. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jon
Kris Baker
2003-10-17 01:31:13 UTC
Post by Jon
crime. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I mean "misspelled" , God how embarrassing
"Misspelled" is one of the most frequently musspelled wurds ;)

Your "Brette" would be Bret or Brett. Lang could be Lange ... and
probably referred to with his middle name. Try "Wayne" ;)

Kris
i***@gmail.com
2015-05-23 13:16:42 UTC
I was a little girl in Cheyenne Wyoming ..It was disturbing and awful ..I will never forget following the news hoping they would find this little girl ...
she is not forgotten ...
d***@gmail.com
2019-01-11 18:10:07 UTC
Jon, I met her just before we left on vacation,it's always haunted me.she was riding her bike,and her barrett,fell out,it said Paula, she wanted to know if I could play, I said when we get back,the teen was our paperboy.when the story went nationwide, I told my dad ,a detective w Adams cnty.sherriffs,dept.thst I had met her,I was ignored.tragic.....
l***@gmail.com
2020-05-01 02:21:07 UTC
I lived at Pete Field in 1966. My dad was in the Air Force and worked at NORAD!! I was 10 years old When Paula first went missing. I remember thinking about her every night praying that she was OK. I think a lot of it is because we were the same age I am now 62 years old and I will never ever forget Paula Sue or getting poor parents. Now that I’m a parent, oh my God it’s even worse than I thought it was when I was a child. God Bless this
family. I hope they are all in God’s paradise together.
s***@gmail.com
here is the link: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2506&dat=19660701&id=l3dJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZgsNAAAAIBAJ&pg=5166,226845
s***@gmail.com
I found the newspaper article a few minutes ago. I was 7 years old at the time and my older sister often speaks of remembering her as they played together .
y***@gmail.com
2012-10-08 01:24:40 UTC
Post by Jon
In Colorado, sometime in the mid 1960's, a little girl named Paula Sue
Steinbeck was murdered by a 14 year old teenager named Brette Lang. Despite
several sightings all over the Western US she was found dead across the
Street in a shed. Those are the only details I recall and there is nothing
on the net probably because it is such an old crime and/or I have the names
musspelled. I would appreciate any info on any one who might remember this
crime. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I was a member of the Aurora, CO CB Radio club at that time and we participated in the search. She was found under a shed that was in the backyard of the perp.
You might want to check the archives of the Denver Post for that era.
Ed
t***@gmail.com
t***@gmail.com
I was 12 at time living in loveland , It was a sad thing I got most coverage on the radio , she was a pretty girl , the rocky mtn news.did a front page after her death was recovered, Im sure it was a sunday paper, I will never forget her name
c***@gmail.com
I have alway wondered about that crime since I was a kid in the 60's, do you recall what city she was found in? I have searched for info a few times but have never found anything.
C***@msn.com
2016-08-27 04:44:41 UTC
I think it was Aurora, in 1966.
w***@gmail.com
2017-06-10 02:53:37 UTC
I am pretty sure it happened in Aurora too. I believe he was sent to the state hospital in Pueblo.
Greg Carr
2020-05-01 13:37:41 UTC
https://mystorical.blogspot.com/2011/01/all-little-children.html he was declared insane and after a few years in the state hospital declared sane and released. Apparently he married and has two children and has had no further problems with the law. Maybe he just got better at it or found a way to keep his offspring victims quiet? I think that ppl who kill 9 year olds should be executed but the elites disagree. I have severe mental health problems and was locked up under the Mental Health Act once but I have never so much as kicked a child let alone strangled one to death while taking pictures.
c***@gmail.com
2014-08-19 03:43:21 UTC
Post by Jon
In Colorado, sometime in the mid 1960's, a little girl named Paula Sue
Steinbeck was murdered by a 14 year old teenager named Brette Lang. Despite
several sightings all over the Western US she was found dead across the
Street in a shed. Those are the only details I recall and there is nothing
on the net probably because it is such an old crime and/or I have the names
musspelled. I would appreciate any info on any one who might remember this
crime. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I found this tonight - explains everything -
http://orangeyouglad-jer.blogspot.com/2013_10_01_archive.html
p***@gmail.com
I was 11 also it changed my life we lived not far away in Denver I put her pic in a little pine box id gotten on our fishing trip wish I could find that pic
p***@gmail.com
t***@gmail.com
If you look under the comments, there is a very nice update from a friend of the family. I am curious who it is, as I am a close friend of the family as well.
k***@gmail.com
Lived 5 houses from paula. I was only 11 yrs old. Heard alot thru other adults taking about the details. Wish it didnt happen.
P***@aol.com
Loveland Girl
I knew the boy (Brett Lange) when his family lived in Loveland. He was in my elementary class at school and in my Sunday School at church. He came from a good family, or so it sure seemed on the surface! i wish him well. I'm sure he will never be truly free in his heart and mind.
Greg Carr
He killed a pre-pubescent girl while taking porno pictures of her and you wish him well? No wonder you use a fake name while posting. He has been free enough to have a wife and two children of his own apparently. https://mystorical.blogspot.com/2011/01/all-little-children.html
Loveland Girl
Loveland Girl
GregCarr
2024-01-05 14:34:30 UTC
Post by Jon
[...]
Not the only such case in human history.

s***@gmail.com
Hi Jon, Here is an article about the murder. https://www.facebook.com/ManayunkTrueCrimeBookClub/posts/868208759904742:0
Tammy Cross
Gregory Carr